Mariscadora Sardines in Pickle sauce provide a convenient source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids and protein. This delicious dish contains no preservatives and is prepared using locally-sourced ingredients for authentic flavor and texture. Perfect for a meal or to add to your favorite recipes.
- Product: Mariscadora Sardines in Pickle sauce
- Origin: Galicia Spain (Hand Packed)
- Ingredients: Sardines, sunflower oil, wine vinegar, spices and salt
- Recommended use: tapa, salad, sandwich, pasta
- Size: 115 gr (3.8 oz) Easy Open Can
About Sardines in Pickle sauce:
The history of sardines in Spain dates back to ancient times when the Phoenicians and Greeks established trading colonies along the Spanish coast. These early civilizations recognized the abundance of sardines in the waters around Spain and began to fish and preserve them. Over time, the Spanish developed various techniques for preserving sardines, including smoking, salting, and canning. These preserved sardines became a staple food in Spain and were exported throughout Europe and beyond. Sardines in pickle sauce, or sardinas en escabeche, is a popular way to prepare sardines in Spain. The dish typically involves frying fresh sardines and then marinating them in a mixture of vinegar, water, garlic, bay leaf, and other seasonings.
How to serve Mariscadora Sardines in Pickle sauce:
- As a tapa: Serve the sardines on small plates or in bowls as a snack or appetizer. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro.
- On top of toast: Spread some crusty bread with butter or cream cheese, then add a layer of sardines in pickle sauce. Top with sliced red onion, capers, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a salad: Toss some mixed greens with a simple vinaigrette, then add the sardines and some sliced cherry tomatoes. Top with croutons or toasted nuts for crunch.
- With crackers: Serve the sardines on a platter with crackers or crostini. Guests can help themselves to the fish and use the crackers to scoop it up.
- Mixed into pasta: Cook some pasta and toss it with the sardines in pickle sauce, some of the marinade, and other ingredients like olives, capers, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a sandwich: Spread some mayonnaise or mustard on a roll or baguette, then add a layer of sardines in pickle sauce. Top with lettuce, tomato, and any other sandwich fixings you like.
Khayyan Specialty Foods, ZONA Food Market, Khayyan LLC and all its affiliates and partners make every effort to ensure that the product information provided on this e-commerce website and all packaging is current and accurate. Manufacturers do occasionally change their ingredient lists without prior notice. Information regarding product packaging and materials may differ or be more comprehensive than what is displayed on our website and packaging. We advise you to read labels, cautions, and instructions before using or consuming a product and not to rely solely on the provided information, including but not limited to the product description, country of origin, nutrition, ingredients, allergens, and other details. If you require further information, please contact us at www.khayyan.com.
Khayyan LLC, the owner of this e-commerce website, disclaims any and all responsibility for inaccuracies, omissions or misstatements on the product labels and throughout product descriptions found on this e-commerce website.