This artisinal wooden plate is made of natural PINE wood collected in the Pontevedra region of Northern Spain. This is a single piece and not from cut wood glued together. Pine is a delicate but strong wood used for serving traditional octopus, pizza and other gastronomic selections such as charcuterie and cheeses. It is ideal because it soaks up moisture and humidity of the food applied on it.
- Formats: 18 cm (7 inches) & 24 cm (9.5 in)
STORAGE AND CARE
- FIRST USE – Curing the wood plate - insert in hot water, add ¼ cup of white vinegar and immerse 3 times for 15 minutes each drying in between for 10 min. After this has been done, and the plate is dry coat with olive oil and begin using.
- Store in a dry place and place the plate upside down so it keeps its shape and does not warp
- Avoid washing is Dish Washer
- Dry well before stacking
- Discard if cracked or signs of splinters appear