From the family of Asparagus Officinalis, it is a spring vegetable, native of Europe and best known product of the fertile region of Navarra. It is of white color, soft texture and balanced bitterness. Grown and harvested without daylight, thus avoiding the transformation into a green asparagus . Right after harvesting, it is immediately prepared to be preserved and jarred utilizing a traditional pickling method unique to the region to freshly preserve its wonderful qualities. Used for centuries for medicinal purposes, this bunch is packed with flavor, vitamins, minerals and are low sodium. Hold on to spring all year around!
- Origin: Navarra, Spain
- Designation of Origin: Esparrago de Navarra (H: 563619 0)
- Varietal: White Asparagus from the Asparagus Officinalis family
- Flavor Profile: mild, earthy flavor with a slight bitterness. Smooth to the palate
- Recommended Use: Garnish meats and fish dishes, as an ingredient for salads and purees. They are best enjoy out of the jar, drained with a dollop of mayonnaise and a glass of wine
- Size: 210 gr (0.46 lbs) net dry weight