Risotto a traditional Italian dish, easy to make and it is a party favorite. I have included a link with the History of Risotto as I found it interesting https://www.cuisineathome.com/articles/all-about-risotto/
In this kit you will find all you need to create your own Shiitake Mushroom Risotto.
- Recipe Created (Serves 2-4)
- Olivar Santamaria Picual Extra Virgen Olive Oil 750ml
- Arborio Risotto Rice 1Kg
- White Truffle Extra Virgen Olive Oil 200ml
- FINO Cooking Wine 100ml Bottle
- ZONA Organic Shiitake Mushrooms 310gr
- Terracotta "Cazuela" Clay Cookware 13cm
Shiitake mushroom risotto
Authentic Italian recipe. Rice cooked slow and slightly al dente.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 50 mins
Yield: 6 Servings
- 6 Cups vegetable broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided (Included in Kit)
- 2 Jar ZONA Organic Shiitake Mushroom drained (Included in Kit)
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice (Included in Kit)
- 100 ml cup dry white wine (included in Kit)
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- White Truffle Oil to finish (Included in Kit)
In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms drained, and warm up, about 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Per Serving:439 calories; protein 9.7g; carbohydrates 60.7g; fat 12.7g; cholesterol 27.7mg; sodium 557.8mg.